|Find your team and sign up for this one of a kind campout! |
Go to Troop track and sign up! We will meet on Friday, Aug 27th at Camp Kikthawenund between 6pm to 7pm. You will need to provide your own transportation to Camp Kikthawenund. If you wish to car pool, you will need to schedule that with out scouts.
—We will set up tents, have a fire, and roast some marshmallows. Saturday, after breakfast, the Wilderness Survival Challenge will start. Scouts can be in a team of two or three. When signing up, you will be able to list which scouts are going to be in a team. If you sign up without a team, you will be placed on a team. While your team is building their shelter, there will be many challenges (provided by the Adults) to make your shelter better. Other challenges will make your lunch and dinner better too. This will be explained more in detail later. This is not a race! Date: Adults here are the set challenges.
(These are required for a scout to get their wilderness Survival Badge.
1. Scout must explain a personal survival kit to you on how each item could be useful.
2. Using three different methods (other than matches), build and light three fires. 3. Scout must show five different ways to attract attention when lost.
4. Scout must demonstrate how to use a signal mirror
5. Scout must describe from memory five ground to air signals and explain them. 6. Scout must demonstrate 3 ways to treat water found in the outdoors to prepare it for drinking.
7. Scout must explain why it usually is not wise to eat edible wild plants or wildlife in a wilderness survival situation. Cant wait to see what other challenges the adults come up with.
Aug 27-29 Cost: $45 Scouts $10 Adults Location: Camp Kikthawenund Drop off at Camp Kikthawenund between 6pm-7pm, Aug 27 Pickup at Camp Kikthawenund at 10am, Aug 29